Water is vital for the well-being and health of our body
Among the different types of mineral water, glacier water is considered one of the best because it is extremely pure and uncontaminated and thus has positive effects on the human health and well-being.
In Canada, in British Columbia, Ice Age Glacial Water Company bottles the water coming from glacier sources; a 100 % natural water, which, thanks to the use of modern bottling technologies reaches the tables of millions of consumers in North America maintaining its purity and freshness.
In order to meet increasing market demands, the company installed a new complete line provided by SMI for bottling and packaging Ice Age and Vortex water in 0.5 L and 1.5 L bottles in PET with a production capacity of up to 12,000 bottles/hour.
The solution installed consists of an integrated system of the ECOBLOC® ERGONseries for stretch-blow moulding, filling and capping PET bottles together with machines for the secondary packaging of theLSK ERGONandLWP ERGON series and anAPS ERGONpalletizer. The whole plant is equipped with an automation and control system of the latest generation incorporating the best technologies for the management of the “smart factory”.
The advantages of SMI solution
• compact solution: the integrated ECOBLOC® ERGON system combines the operations of stretch-blow moulding, filling and capping in a single block and doesn't need conveyors between the machines;
• reduced energy consumption: the stretch-blow moulding module is equipped with high energy efficiency IR lamps and a double stage air recovering system Air Master;
• easy and quick changeover: the secondary packaging, carried out by the LSK and LWP automatic machines allows to pack varied containers in several collations and ensures the quick changeover in order to satisfy the current and future company demands;
•compact and ergonomic structure: SMI packers can be installed even in narrow spaces and are easily accessible making the cleaning and maintenance operations easier;
• flexible palletizing and lower maintenance costs: the APS ERGON palletizer is a single-column system with two Cartesian axes with SCARA technology, extremely flexible and easily suited to the logistic conditions of the end-of-line; the mechanical simplicity of the machine and the use of robotic components ensure precise operations and low energy consumptions;
• fluidity, speed and reliability: the conveyor belts allow the fluid and continuous handling of loose and packed containers; the reduced changeover times ensure the fast change from a production to another, while the structure and the components in stainless steel AISI 304 are synonymous with a reliable and long-lasting plant.
If you want to have further information about Ice Age Glacial Company and the advantages offered by the complete lines provided by SMI, we invite you to read the last issue of our SMI NOW magazine or to contact our Sales Department.
Marketing Department SMI S.p.A. E-mail: email@example.com
The European Regulation 679/2016 (GDPR) on the protection of personal data has been fully applicable since May 25th, 2018. This is an important goal, because it lays down rules relating to the processing of personal data for all Countries within the Union. Every company of the SMI Group planned a series of activities, assets or operational modes to comply with the regulation and put into practice the protection of personal data. Here is a list of actions taken to comply with the European Regulation and our policy on personal data processing.
Lawfulness of processing All activities relating to personal data processing shall be lawful (consent, contract obligations, vital interests of the data subject or of third parties, compliance with legal obligations to which the controller is subject, public interest or exercise of official authority, legitimate interest pursued by the controller or by third parties).
Information document The information statement has been improved and updated to the new regulations (art. 13 and 14 GDPR).
Rights of the data subjects (right of access, right to erasure-right to be forgotten, right to restriction of processing, right to object, right to data portability) Technical and organization measures have been adopted to ensure the data subject's exercise of his rights and to meet the data subject requirements.
Controllers, processors Based on the new principle of “accountability”, SMI Group organization was re-defined, in order to proactively ensure integral compliance with the Regulation. Redefinition of the role of data processors and service suppliers whose activity implies personal data processing.
Risk of data processing; accountability measures taken by controllers and processors (Impact assessment, record of processing activities, security of processing, data breach) The “Conformity document”, including records of data processing activity, plans, adopts and demonstrates all technical and organizational measures taken to adequately perform the data processing activities and specifies the necessary procedures to be adopted to notify data breach.
Transfer of personal data to international organizations Smi Group adheres to the general principles and guarantees concerning the transfer of personal data to third Countries.
The Controller is: SMI S.p.A. Head office: Via Carlo Ceresa, 10 - 24015 San Giovanni Bianco (BG) - ITALIA VAT nr: IT03942700166 - R.E.A. 421708 For further information, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
According to the European Regulation 679/2016, the data subject is entitled to exercise the rights set forth in the Regulation. The integral version of art. 15; 16; 17; 18; 20; 21; 77 of the European Regulation is attached to this document.
SMI S.p.A. IVA SMI INDUSTRIES Group Headquarters: Via Carlo Ceresa, 10 - 24015 San Giovanni Bianco (BG) - ITALIA Registered office: Via Monte Grappa, 7 - 24121 Bergamo (BG) - ITALIA VAT: 04471940165 - TAX code: 03942700166 - R.E.A.: 421708 Share capital: Euro 5.000.000 i.v.